Friday, November 16, 2012

Stepping out of my comfort zone....

Hi!  Shelly here....So, if you know anything about me, you probably know I LOVE creating just about anything, but particularly, mixed media.  Though in all my years of creating and designing mixed media mini albums, I have never actually painted my own sketched drawing...I've never sketched!  I have been an admirer of those whimsical painting styles for years and Christy Tomlinson is one of my fav's.  SOOOOOOOO - when I saw that she was offering a new class called Whimsy Winter I jumped at the chance!  So here is the step-by-step process of my first painting.  Don't hold your breath - mine is nothing to write home about, but the entire learning process has been very satisfying and freeing...

This first painting happens to be of a reindeer, which I painted onto the back page (chipboard square) of the Rebel Sprout mini album. When I was practicing sketching these winter characters (owls, penguins, snowmen, etc.), the reindeer was definitely the most difficult for me.  As it turns out - I love it!  I have LOTS more to learn and skills to practice...hopefully this and the next several posts will show progress!



No comments: