Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Warm Winter Wishes


Warm Winter Wishes

Hi there! It's Shelly here wishing everyone a happy holiday season!  During December Punky Sprouts has swapped products with one of my VERY favorite manufacturers, My Little Shoebox! I was lucky enough to get the Secret Garden line, which has classic calico florals, polka dots & stripes in blues, yellows, pinks!  I love the MLS designs, as they exude nothing but happiness and joy...LOVE!  
So, while no snow has fallen outside where I live, I put plenty of snow on the holiday decor plaque I made for my door.  I used a 12" x 12" corrugated Punky Playground for my base and blue polka dot paper for the sky background.  Then I cut the cute prints into houses, roofs, doors, chimneys, etc.  Literally, the row of houses is all pieces I cut from the many prints in this line.  


I used Collage Pauge to adhere all the paper elements.  Then I used stamps, paint and markers to add detail and texture to the scene. To create the "snow" border,  I mixed an acrylic texture medium called White Opaque Flakes with a touch of white acrylic paint and applied it around the edges and below the row of houses.  Then I added a swirly title out of the cardstock stickers from MLS.  FUN project!   Don't be afraid to go outside your "box." This is all pieces of paper and cardstock stickers for the title.  I just used markers to outline everyone and a few stamps for highlighting the details.  Christmas Cheer!

No comments: