Monday, March 26, 2012

Peace. Love. Art.

Today I made a wall hanging for my scrap room using the gorgeous papers from Robin's Nest "Classified"  collection.  I used 1/2 of a scalloped Punky Playground for my plaque and inked it all black with a Staz-On inkpad.  Next I cut squares of 5 different papers and placed them in rows, adhering with Collage Pauge.  To add a bit of subtle texture, I traced around each square with a black pigment pen.  I used a strip of Smash tape in b & w polka dots for embellishment along the top of the plaque and as "ribbon" in corners.  I attached silver & black mini Dew Drops on the scallops and in the centers of some flowers, as well as on the fancy filigrees in the word "art."  I added the lettering (also with Collage Pauge) for my Title "peace, love, art." Using a Copic marker RV17, I colored multiple Lil' Blossoms for a pop of PINK, layering them over Lil' Lacey Blossom and b&w polka dot cupcake holders.  For the blossom centers I used multiple mini dew drops or giant rhinestones by Marc Jacobs.  Lastly, I added pink tulle to hang!  This paper collection has many different patterns, from dog paw prints to beautiful Fleur di Lis. Most have glitter in the pattern, so even on the small squares I cut there is plenty of sparkle!  

Punky Sprouts products used: Punky Playground, Lil' Blossoms Parchment and Lil' Blossoms Lacey

Robin's Nest products used:  Classified papers, Black, Silver & White mini Dew Drops

Other products:  Collage Pauge, Therm-o-Web Tiny Dots (to adhere dew drops), Cricut "Sophisticated" cartridge for the word "art," Staz-On ink, My Little Shoebox mini alphabet, cupcake holders, tulle, Micron pen, rhinestones by Marc Jacobs, Polka-dot Smash tape, Crop-a-dile to punch holes.



No comments: