Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Punky Sprouts Challenge!


Today I finally finished my first Challenge project EVER!  I have never been a SAHM like most of the lucky scrappers and stampers in the world.  I have to say, this was really fun!  I felt like I was playing hooky--lounging and scrapping in my jammies and eating bon-bons while I scrapped - okay THAT detail is not true...lol!  Here are the details: http://getpunkysprouts.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-monthly-challenge.html

I used the corrugated Punky Playground for the base, painting the outer inch or so with Picket Fence Distress crackle paint.  I used 2 pieces of cardstock in gray prints by DCWV, Broken China Distress Ink around the border of the gray paper and misted a Punky Sprouts Lil' Stem Canvas with Turquoise Glimmer Mist.  I used red thread to stitch all the papers and canvas and even used it to sew a border around my photo.  I made a red flower out of a small scrap of fabric torn into a strip, added a home-made faux metal bracket in pewter, some black glitter chipboard letters from Recollections and a "Beautiful" stamp by CTMH for the title.  Finishing touches were adding the bling by Want2Scrap and a decorative pin in the flower then a quick application of Charcoal chalk ink around the outer border.  I hope you like it!
My beautiful storm, Lilley, during adolescence... need I say more?

No comments: